NAME AND ADDRESS OF CONSUMER
AGL Energy Limited
101 Miller Street
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060
cc Energex Limited
GPO Box 1461
BRISBANE Q 4001
SENT BY REGISTERED MAIL
Regarding: Account 4… ….
Service Address: ADDRESS
NOTICE OF NO CONSENT TO TRESPASS AND SURVEILLANCE
NOTICE OF LIABILITY
Be advised, you and all other parties are hereby denied consent for installation and use of any and all smart meters or digital meters or any other surveillance and activity monitoring device, or devices, at the above property.
Any ‘implied consent’ is hereby withdrawn for the installation and use of any surveillance and activity monitoring device that sends and receives communications technology. Informed consent is legally required for installation of any surveillance device and any device that will collect and transmit private and personal data to undisclosed and unauthorised parties for undisclosed and unauthorised purposes. Authorisation for sharing of personal and private information may only be given by the originator and subject of that information. That authorisation is hereby denied and refused with regard to the above property and all its occupants, as signified by the directions clearly marked on our meter box and surrounds.
Until you can provide a manually read ‘interval’ meter and clearly demonstrate that it does not utilise remote communication via the use of a powerful wireless device next to my residence or office, I will not consider the replacement of the existing analogue meter. Until that time, consent is withdrawn for the following reasons.
Smart meters violate the law and cause endangerment to residents by the following factors:
- Electro-Magnetic and Radio Frequency energy contamination as emitted by smart meters is a Class 2 carcinogen according to the World Health Organisation, and has been proven in numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies to cause severe adverse health and biological effects.
- This unacceptable health damage extends to all animals, wildlife and plants.
- Smart meters invade privacy in the following unacceptable ways:
- They individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated.
- They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
- They transmit wireless signals which may be intercepted by unauthorised and unknown parties. Those signals can be used to monitor behaviour and occupancy and they can be used by criminals to aid criminal activity against the occupants.
- They allow data about occupant’s daily habits and activities to be collected, recorded and stored in permanent databases which are accessed by parties not authorized or invited to know and share that private data by those whose activities were recorded.
- Lloyds of London does not cover health damage from EMF radiation, as per Exclusion 32, so it is unlikely that our public liability insurance would cover people visiting the house in the event of smart meter radiation damage. Any smart meter installation would leave us vulnerable to lawsuits and real financial damage.
- Smart meters are a fire risk.
- I refer you to several Australian High Court rulings on Smart Meter Trespass which puts the liability on your meter installer should he/she ‘wilfully avoid’ this clearly communicated request based by us, the legal occupants, on soundly researched and thoroughly understood contemporary legal, safety, insurance and scientific arguments.
- Kuru v State of New South Wales  HCA 26 (12 June 2008)
- New South Wales v Ibbett  HCA 57; (2006) 231 ALR 485; (2006) 81 ALJR 427 (12 December 2006)
- Plenty v Dillon  HCA 5; (1991) 171 CLR 635 F.C. 91/004 (7 March 1991)
- George v Rockett  HCA 26; (1990) 170 CLR 104 (20 June 1990)
- Halliday v Nevill  HCA 80; (1994) 155 CLR 1 (16 December 1984)
- Your company has never adequately disclosed the health risks or the particular recording and transmission capabilities of the smart meter, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.
I forbid, refuse and deny consent of any installation and use of any monitoring, eavesdropping, and surveillance EMF Radioactive devices on my property, my place of residence and my place of occupancy. Any prior ‘implied consent’ between myself and AGL or Energex is hereby revoked.
That applies to and includes smart meters and surveillance and activity monitoring devices of any and all kinds and connecting devices including the ZigBee module. Any attempt to install any such device directed at me, other occupants, my property or residence will constitute trespass, stalking, wiretapping and unlawful surveillance and endangerment of health and safety, all prohibited and punishable by law through criminal and civil complaints. All persons, government agencies and private organisations responsible for installing or operating monitoring devices directed at or recording my activities, which I have not specifically authorised in writing, will be fully liable for any violations, intrusions, harm or negative consequences caused or made possible by those devices.
This is a LEGAL NOTICE. After this delivery, I will keep a copy of this registered letter of NOTICE on my meter box, and the liabilities listed above may not be denied or avoided by parties named and implied in this notice.
(You sign here)
(Witness signs here)